Kitchen cleaning is probably the most important type of home cleaning there is. After all, it’s where you prepare the food your family will eat, and where you wash the dishes, cutlery, and glasses they will use. Keeping it hygienic is absolutely crucial.
And while giving your kitchen a good cleaning normally isn’t more difficult than other chores that are part of house cleaning in Brookhaven (such as washing a rug or polishing the windows), it can get complicated fast if it involves dealing with a dirty stove.
In previous articles, we wrote about how to clean black furniture and how to keep a bathroom squeaky clean. Now it’s time to get into the nitty-gritty of stove cleaning. Read on to learn more.
How do you degrease a stove top?
Unlike everyday dust and dirt, stove grease and grime tends to appear suddenly (even after a single cooking), can rapidly aggravate existing health problems or create new ones, and usually can’t be cleaned right away because the stove is still too hot.
Dealing with this issue effectively is critical in order to ensure your food is safe to eat. However, how you go about it depends on which type of stove you have.
Electric coil stove tops
- Step #1: Heat up the coils to burn away any residue,
- Step #2: After the stove has cooled, remove the drip pans and cover them with a mix of baking soda and vinegar for 15 minutes, then thoroughly wash them in soapy water and let them dry,
- Step #3: Remove the coils, give them a gentle brushing, and dry them,
- Step #4: Loosen the top layer of grease by wiping the stove top down with a damp cloth,
- Step #5: Finish off by carefully washing the stove top with a soapy sponge.
Gas stove tops
- Step #1: Soak the grates for a few minutes in hot, soapy water, then use a cloth and a scrub brush to remove any leftover residue,
- Step #2: Clean the burner covers with a damp cloth (if there’s a lot of build up, soak them in warm, soapy water first),
- Step #3: Use a damp cloth and a soapy sponge to wash the stove top, and remember to remove any leftovers with a dry, clean cloth,
- Step #4: Double-check if all the parts have dried before putting the stove back together.
How do you clean a burnt glass stove top?
Glass stove tops seem to combine the best of all worlds; they look sleek, they don’t rely on gas or wood to function, and cleaning them only requires you to wipe them down with a soapy sponge. Unlike the more traditional stoves, however, glass stove tops tend to get visibly burnt after you use them for a while.
Luckily for you, there are high-quality glass stove top scraper cleaners that are designed to remove these burn-ins, as well as deal with any extra-stubborn residue. Just remember to carefully read the instructions and ensure the surface is 100% clean beforehand, so as to avoid accidentally scratching the glass.
Who provides the finest house cleaning in Brookhaven?
Sometimes, you just can’t spare the time to give a greasy stove top the scrubbing it needs. Or maybe you’d just rather take a break today and enjoy a nice walk by the old Goodwin House. Whatever the case may be, here at The Moxie Maids we’ll be happy to lend you a hand.
We specialize in sending the top cleaning professionals in Brookhaven straight to your doorstep. Booking a cleaning takes less than a minute, and includes a 100% satisfaction guarantee that ensures you’ll never get less than what you paid for. Get in touch with us today!