Having a well-organized, clean living room is critical to having an enjoyable home experience. This may seem like an exaggeration, but it’s true. After all, living rooms are where we spend most of our time at home and the first place our guests see when they come over.
Hiring professional Atlanta house cleaning services is the best way to get a pristine living room. This also ensures your cleaning is performed according to accepted safety standards. Even so, there are things you can do yourself to ensure your living room is fresh and clutter-free most of the time.
In previous articles, we listed some excellent bathroom cleaning tips and tricks and recommended the most dependable bathroom cleaning products. Today, we’ll give you some great pointers on how to keep your living room clean and presentable. Read on.
How do I declutter my living room?
Decluttering is all about prevention. No amount of cleaning can keep your living room clutter-free if you and the other members of your household continuously do things that create clutter.
Luckily, there’s a solution to this problem. By adopting certain clutter-reducing habits, you and your loved ones will be able to keep your home mostly organized even when you don’t have time to clean.
These clutter-reducing habits include:
- Having a dedicated shelf where you store devices such as chargers, game controllers, remotes, etc.
- Throwing out newspapers and magazines as soon as they become outdated.
- Having small garbage bins near the couch and the dining table for when you need to throw away food wrappers and the like.
- Training your pets not to climb the furniture.
- Washing the dishes or at least putting them in the dishwasher or sink right after use.
- Teaching your children to store toys at a dedicated spot after they’re done playing with them.
- Hanging clothes or taking them to the laundry rather than leaving them all over the place.
How long does it take to clean a living room?
There are too many variables to give a clear-cut answer to this question. These variables include the size of the living room, the state it’s in (if it’s very dirty and cluttered, the cleaning is going to take longer), and cleaning techniques needed (if your sofa fabric is dirty you’ll need a specialized approach that takes more time).
A word of warning: if you don’t have time to properly clean your house, you’re better off outsourcing the cleaning to the pros. Not only will this help you avoid re-cleaning due to a rushed job in the future, but it’ll also give you more time to sit back and relax at Historic Fourth Ward Park.
How do you clean a messy living room fast?
Unlike bathroom or kitchen cleaning, living room cleaning doesn’t require any specialized techniques or cleaning agents. It’s all about being meticulous, organized, and knowing the right cleaning approach.
You can speed up your living room cleaning by doing the following:
- Clean top-to-bottom. This means you start with the highest areas first (tallest shelves, lighting fixtures, top of the air conditioner, etc.) and work your way down to the lower ones. This causes excess dirt to drift to the floor where you can easily vacuum it at the end of the cleaning.
- Have your family help out. Working as a team always gets the job done faster.
- Hire a cleaning company. The experts have the tools, training, and motivation to give you the best possible cleaning in the shortest amount of time.
Who provides the finest Atlanta house cleaning services?
The Moxie Maids is a second-to-none company that specializes in sending highly-experienced and superbly-trained cleaners in Atlanta right to your doorstep. Not only is every cleaning covered by a 200% satisfaction guarantee, but it can also be booked in a minute or less. What’s more, you can also book green cleaning services for a healthier living room.
Reach out to us today and watch as your living room is transformed into a pristine paradise!