Making sure you have clean and clutter-free kitchen countertops is one of the most important parts of any Chamblee house cleaning. In addition to making your kitchen look tidy and fresh, having pristine countertops ensures you’re preparing food in a hygienic environment.
This is vital because it prevents the spread of diseases and parasites. However, unlike other types of cleaning such as hardwood floor cleaning, washing your curtains, or cleaning your glassware, countertops are often covered in oil, food, and beverage stains and residue. This means they require an extra-thorough cleaning approach.
In this article, we’ll explain how to keep your kitchen countertops clean and how to get the most out of the available space in your kitchen. Keep reading to learn more.
How do you keep your countertops clear?
Before you can think about clearing your countertops, you must first know how to clean them effectively. The exact approach depends on which material your countertops are made of. If you’re not sure, try to find the receipt from when you bought them, or photograph them and ask online.
Effective countertop cleaning methods include:
- Quartz and engineered stone are cleanable using a mixture of warm water and mild soap. In the unlikely case they become stained, a combination of a soft sponge and a glass cleaner should be able to solve the problem. Due to how tough it is, engineered stone doesn’t require resealing.
- Wood countertops should be cleaned daily with a mild cleaner or a mix of warm water and (a little) white vinegar. You can use a spatula to gently remove food residue. Remember to re-seal your wooden countertops every few months using a food-grade wax or oil.
- Laminate countertops need a light household cleaner and a soft, damp cloth. Stains can be removed using a combination of water and baking soda (just remember not to scrub too hard because baking soda can be abrasive). As it’s extremely durable, laminate doesn’t need to be resealed.
- Stainless steel countertops are a popular choice for restaurants and other commercial kitchens because of how easy they are to maintain. Simply grab a microfiber cloth and EPA-approved cleaner intended for stainless steel, and buff out any stains or smudges. Avoid steel wool as it can scratch the surface. Stainless steel countertops don’t have to be sealed, but they could benefit from an occasional polishing.
- Granite and marble countertops can be cleaned daily with warm water and non-abrasive dish soap. A microfiber towel can be used to shine up the surface. For stain removal, use a designated cleaning product that’s specifically designed for these types of countertops. Seal them once a year using an appropriate commercial sealant.
How do you organize a small kitchen counter space?
By going vertical! There are various styles of cupboards and shelves that are easy to install and that can provide the much-needed storage space for glassware, spice jars, small appliances (microwaves, toasters, etc.), and other kitchen supplies.
Get some kitchen hooks. Hang unwieldy utensils such as scissors, spatulas, meat hammers, etc., on them so that they’re always within easy reach without getting in the way.
What should I keep on my kitchen counters?
Only the items you use every day and that need to be close at hand. Everything else (mixers, blenders, cleaning supplies, oven toasters, etc.) can be kept in a cupboard or even outside the kitchen in a designated storage space.
Where can I book a superb Chamblee house cleaning?
Why let a dirty kitchen stop you from enjoying a trip to Downtown Chamblee with your loved ones when The Moxie Maids are just a short booking away? The cleaning pros we team up with will happily make your kitchen (and the rest of your home!) sparkling clean while you kick back and relax.
Schedule a cleaning today. Your kitchen will be pristine in no time!