Bathrooms and kitchens are the most sensitive areas in any house. Keeping the rest of your home spotless is important, but cleaning your bathroom to the highest standards will have the biggest effect on the continued health of you and your family.
Even if you’re not in the habit of hiring professional Atlanta home cleaning services, it’s a good idea to outsource your deep cleaning to the experts in order to ensure no harmful molds and microbes can appear in your bathroom.
In this article, we’ll answer some common bathroom cleaning questions and give you a few pointers on how to make your bathroom shine. Read on to learn more.
How often should you clean your bathroom?
Any home should be given a standard cleaning at least once or twice a week. Unlike living room cleaning and fabric upholstery cleaning, not staying on top of your bathroom cleaning can have disastrous effects on your health, so it pays to clean your bathroom more often than other areas.
Factors that affect how frequently you should clean your bathroom include:
- Windows. If your bathroom doesn’t have a window, or it’s vented badly, you’ll have to clean it more often to prevent moisture buildup.
- Resident habits. Some people are just more (or less) tidy than others. If your roommate is a slob or you live with someone who works a job that causes them to get dirty, your bathroom will naturally get dirty more often.
- Dogs and cats tend to shed their hairs everywhere. Since most litter boxes are kept inside bathrooms, it’s a good idea to clean your bathroom frequently in order to remove pet hair before it becomes a problem.
- Location. Some areas have more moisture whereas some other areas tend to see more dust buildup.
How do I deep clean my bathroom?
Also known as spring cleaning, deep cleaning is a special kind of cleaning that strives to remove the deeply ingrained or hard-to-reach dirt and dust. Due to its thoroughness and the fact it uses powerhouse bathroom cleaning supplies, it only needs to be done 2 or 3 times a year.
A typical bathroom deep cleaning includes:
- Cleaning all light fixtures.
- Moving the washing machine in order to clean the areas behind and underneath it.
- Washing, scrubbing, and disinfecting the toilet and the bathtub.
- Cleaning the mirrors with a glass cleaner.
- Scrubbing the heater and cleaning the dust behind it.
- Cleaning behind the bathtub and the sink.
- Emptying the medicine cabinets and cleaning the interior thoroughly.
- Cleaning your toothbrush and soap holders.
- Vacuuming, mopping, and disinfecting the floor tiles.
- Disinfecting and cleaning the faucets and showerheads.
- Cleaning the grout.
How do you deep clean a dirty shower?
An unkempt shower is not only gross, but also an excellent breeding ground for dangerous bacteria and fungi. It’s always a great idea to clean your shower right after using it, but it should still be given a good deep clean every two or three months.
In order to deep clean your shower, you should:
- Disinfect the showerhead by soaking it in vinegar overnight and then rinsing it with water.
- Wash your shower curtain.
- Make a paste by mixing vinegar and baking soda and use it to clean the shower door. Wipe it down with a microfiber cloth afterward.
- Spray a bathroom cleaner all over the shower tray, leave it for 20 minutes, then thoroughly scrub and rinse it.
Who provides the top Atlanta home cleaning services?
Does all of the above sounds like really dirty, exhausting work? That’s because it is. The career cleaners The Moxie Maids works with are all outstanding experts who can quickly and reliably take care of your cleaning needs while you relax with your loved ones at Woodruff Park in Atlanta.
Reach out to us today if you have further questions or use our easy online booking system to schedule the cleaning of your dreams.