On average, Americans spend nearly 6 hours a week doing housekeeping tasks such as cleaning their homes or taking care of the laundry. Less than an hour a day may not seem like a huge deal, but it adds up to 24 hours a month. That’s an entire day out of your month that you spend tidying up and sanitizing your home!
Things only get worse if you have a large house and energetic children who can’t help making a mess. Scheduling a professional Alpharetta house cleaning service is a simple solution to this problem, but what if we told you there was another way?
What if you could change your approach to cleaning so as to dramatically reduce the amount of chores you have to do all week? That’s what a clean as you go policy is all about! Read on to learn more.
What is a clean as you go policy?
Following a clean as you go policy basically means you do a little cleaning every day by incorporating it into other tasks. By sprucing things up for 15-20 minutes each day, and leaving the more difficult cleaning tasks for your weekly standard cleanings, your home will be tidier overall and your regular cleanings will be a lot less taxing.
Having a clean as you go policy is especially useful if you’re planning to deep clean your home in the near future, as it can dramatically cut down on the amount of dirt you need to take care of during the spring cleaning.
What to clean as you go?
As a general rule, a clean as you go policy shouldn’t include any major cleaning tasks such as washing windows, degreasing the interior of the oven, or mopping and vacuuming the floors. Choose tasks that take at most 20 minutes to complete to keep them from interfering with the rest of your schedule.
Here are 7 things to include in your clean as you go policy:
- Wash the dishes and other eating utensils right after you’re done using them, or put them in the dishwasher.
- Sweep the kitchen floor every evening after you’re done with the dinner. This is an easy way to keep it crumb-free at all times.
- Wipe down your kitchen counters while waiting for your microwave to do its thing.
- Give the sink a good scrubbing after you finish washing the dishes or filling the dishwasher. For bonus points, wipe down the faucet as well.
- Have designated storage spaces for all item types and always put those items there when you’re not using them. For example, TV remotes and game controllers should always go on a shelf under the TV.
- Squeegee the shower after every use, before you get out of it. Doing this will make grout and hard water stains a non-issue.
- While your food is cooking, grab all the dishes you used in its preparation and either wash them or arrange them in the dishwasher.
Where can I book a comprehensive Alpharetta house cleaning service?
In an ideal world, our homes would never get messy and we’d all be able to deal with our cleaning responsibilities in a timely manner. Unfortunately, other responsibilities such as work, food preparation, and taking care of your kids often make it hard to find the time to clean.
Luckily, you can always count on the cleaning industry to lend you a hand! Here at The Moxie Maids, we specialize in sending Alpharetta’s most experienced and highest-rated cleaners straight to your doorstep.
The pros we work with will gladly make all your cleaning problems disappear while you attend a thrilling show at the Ameris Bank Amphitheatre with your friends and family. Call us today!