When it comes to maintaining a flawless sheen, the glass surfaces in your house are notorious for being difficult to maintain. It’s hard to remove streaks from mirrors without just smudging everything once again and making the problem worse.
Nothing is more annoying than cleaning your mirrors just for them to return to their previous state seconds later, as if you never cleaned them at all. No wonder so many people rely on a house cleaning company in East Point, GA to handle all their chores.
However, there are still ways for you to handle glass cleaning on your own. Same as how you have to learn how to mop properly, what the most effective dusting methods are, or how to restore the shine to your dull sink, there are techniques that could help you get spotless mirrors. Read on to learn how to get the flawless crystal clear mirrors you desire.
What is the best thing to clean mirrors with?
It may seem unnecessary, but before you start thinking about how you can clean and shine your mirror, you need to pay attention to the dust and grime that has accumulated there.
Mirrors in the bathroom, especially large-sized ones, are the most difficult to keep clean. Toothpaste spatter, smears from cosmetics, and deodorant residue sticks to mirrors very easily.
Isn’t this what most commercial glass and mirror cleaners are for? Certainly not. They can remove some debris accumulated on the surface, but they usually can’t fully eliminate it.
Here’s what to get instead:
- Microfiber cloth or cotton cloth: These cloths have just enough roughness to break off stuck-on muck without damaging the mirror.
- Rubbing alcohol or 1:1 vinegar and water solution: Even the toughest stains are penetrated by alcohol, which destroys their strong grip on the mirror. A vinegar spray is also effective for wiping away smudges.
These supplies will work wonders even for deep polishing mirrors.
What is the easiest way to clean mirrors?
Once you have your supplies ready, it’s time to start treating the mirror using an effective strategy.
- Application: Applying an equal, although modest spray of cleaner is a vital component of this process. If you use too much of it, you’ll end up with streaks and dripping. It’s ideal to mist lightly.
- Direction: Start at the top and work downwards so that any leftover cleaner residue is dripping down and is being collected in the following swipe. Alternatively, start from one side of the mirror and work your way to the other. As you proceed along the mirror, repeat the process. And when you’re at the bottom of the mirror, near the end, just wipe your cloth on the bottom of the mirror, leaving a spotless surface.
- Finishing off: Even when you put in a lot of effort trying to clean the mirror uniformly, splotches may still still may appear or may still miss some areas. If there are a couple of small spots where the shine is uneven, lightly rub the area with a soft cloth. It should be quickly buffed out if the stain isn’t oily.
What’s the best house cleaning company in East Point, GA?
When you tire of the same-old household chores and you’d like to spend a nice afternoon at the High Museum of Art instead, call The Moxie Mads.
We’re a local business that works with only the most experienced cleaning experts in the area. No cleaning job is too tough for us. Contact us today and our specialists will answer all your questions!