One common reason people avoid spring cleaning is that they simply don’t know where to start and how to organize everything. Having too many house chores to do can be overwhelming, especially when you have some extensive cleaning to do.
Although you can always rely on top-quality house cleaning in Alpharetta to make your home spotlessly clean, there’s one thing that can make cleaning easier on you at times when you decide to do it yourself.
Even if you’re not a cleaning expert, that doesn’t mean you can’t be well-prepared for your spring clean. All you need is some advice on how to overcome common cleaning challenges to prepare your home for a big spring cleaning session.
What is a spring cleaning checklist?
Spring cleaning checklist is one of those easy-to-make, DIY things that are lifesavers. It’s a very handy list where you can put all the necessary cleaning tasks you want to do at home.
The great thing is that you can custom create it and add anything you like, making all the housework easier for you and your family and reducing the time you spend doing chores. A cleaning checklist usually consists of all the rooms in your home and bullet points under each category. These serve as a reminder when you start with the cleaning process.
So, when it’s time for your spring cleaning, don’t fret it! Take some time to create your checklist and get ready.
What is included in a spring cleaning checklist?
Your checklist can include whatever you think will help you. But there are some common things every housework checklist should have. Such a detailed cleaning plan will help you start the year with a clean slate and make it easier for you to implement a clean as you go approach later on. To make sure you include everything important in yours, take a look at some essential to-dos.
- Wash kitchen cabinet exteriors
- Clean out kitchen cabinets
- Clean out the pantry and throw expired items away
- Clean inside the oven
- Clean the area behind the fridge
- Vacuum fridge coils
- Deep clean the inside of the fridge and wash it on the outside
- Vacuum all cushions
- Dust and wash mirrors, picture frames, and decorative pieces
- Dust lamp shades and light fixtures
- Dust electronic devices
- Wash blankets
- Dust and wet wipe the furniture
- Vacuum carpets
- Wash the pillowcases
- Wash all bed covers
- Check what’s under the bed and dispose of unnecessary items
- Make the bed with clean bedding
- Wash bath mats
- Clean and sanitize the toilet, vanity, tub, and shower
- Dust decorative pieces
- Clean and/or replace shower curtains
Around the house
- Clean vents
- Vacuum and mop the floors
- Wash baseboards, doors, ceilings, window sills, and walls
- Wash curtains
- Dust blinds
- Clean the windows
- Dust lights fixtures
- Check all electronics and take care of tangled cords
- Change the batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Check if the fire extinguisher is in working order
- Clean your porch and deck
- Disinfect computer keyboard, mouse, and other high-touch surfaces
- Check your first aid kits and throw expired medication away
- Get rid of expired makeup and clean out your makeup containers
- Put away winter clothes
- Donate clothes that you no longer need
Where can I book a trustworthy house cleaning in Alpharetta?
A cleaning checklist is a great thing, but sometimes it’s not enough to help you during an in-depth spring cleaning, especially if you have a lot of housework to do, don’t have enough free time, and don’t know where to start.
Fortunately, you don’t need to worry. This is where The Moxie Maids comes in. We are offering you the best cleaning experts in Alpharetta to help you check all the tasks off your checklist without you even being there!
Head on to Ameris Bank Amphitheatre and attend a great concert while your home gets cleaner by the minute.